Trump aims Khamenei and Zarif .. "influential" sanctions on Iran News -

Top News

US President Donald Trump on Monday (June 24, 2019) signed an executive order imposing new sanctions "strongly effective" against Iran. These sanctions are targeted in particular by Supreme Leader Khamenei and several military commanders. He said sanctions were "a strong and appropriate response to Iran's increasingly provocative actions." He vowed to continue "pressing Tehran until the regime abandons its dangerous activities and aspirations."

Trump justified the imposition of sanctions on Khamenei, saying he was "ultimately responsible for what he described as" aggressive behavior by the regime, "adding that the sanctions" would deprive him and his associates and his office of access to basic financial resources. "Trump said:" We have shown a great deal of restraint, But that does not mean we will continue to do so in the future. "

He said the sanctions came after "a series of aggressive behavior by the Iranian regime in recent weeks." This includes the downing of a US military aircraft march.

Sanctions also include Zarif

Meanwhile, US Treasury Secretary Stephen Menuchin said the sanctions would be imposed by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Jawad Zarif later this week as well as eight senior Revolutionary Guards commanders. "The expanded sanctions are aimed at preventing Iran from accessing financial instruments and holding billions of assets," he said.

Manutchen revealed that the new sanctions would stop funding for the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. He did not comment on the exact intelligence about the movement of funds, but said: "We are tracking the funds and this is very effective." Before signing the sanctions order at the White House, Trump said his country did not want a conflict with Iran or any other country, but said Iran could not get a nuclear weapon.

Iran defies sanctions and cyber attacks did not work

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif echoed Trump's call for new sanctions on his country, saying "hard-line politicians close to US President Donald Trump are thirsting for war, not diplomacy." Zarif said in the past that members of Group B, including national security adviser John Bolton, who adopts a tough approach to Tehran, could push Trump into a conflict with Tehran.

US media reported that the United States launched electronic attacks even though Trump was canceled the air strike. The Washington Post said pre-planned cyber attacks had disrupted Iranian missile launchers. However, Giran replied that "cyber attacks on her army failed."

"They are trying hard, but they have not carried out any successful attack," Iranian Communications and Information Minister Mohammad Jawad Azeri Jahrami said in a tweet on Twitter. "The media questioned whether the alleged cyber attacks against Iran were true … Last year we neutralized 33 million attacks."

(Reuters, AFP, AFP)

Sign up for our free – – – and receive our best articles in your inbox.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.