Sudanese Demonstrators - Wounded, Orphans, Pain and Revolution Continue Culture and Society -

Top News

Amal, the mother of four children, has stopped participating in the demonstrations, but she is supported by the Sudanese opposition movement. The slender woman is able to move her right hand, but she has lost all feeling in the left hand. However, she does not lose her smile and receives her guests in her father's house where no one is watching her, because Amal wants to tell what happened on June 3, "The attacks on us started on Nile Street, and the youths fled to the bridges … but the attackers dragged them away, and I knew something bad would happen," he said.

Shortly after, Amal heard shots. They and the other protesters in the square in front of the army headquarters were trying to hide and fled to save their lives, but armed men began to beat them. "When my hands broke, they started beating me on the head and fell to the ground," she told German public television: "When I was lying on the floor, they stabbed me and insulted me." One of them asked me, "What happened to you?" I said, "My hands have been broken. No one did that … ".

Hours later, Amal found the way to a hospital but did not receive treatment. The hospital is full of people with gunshot wounds and serious wounds. More than 60 people died this night.

In dozens of piles of dirt in a neighborhood south of Khartoum, Khaddoum bows to accept a witness named after her son, who was killed during the crackdown on the ongoing protest movement in Sudan for several months.

Sudan Khartoum Protest gegen Militärregierung | Einsatz von Tränengas (Reuters / M.N. Abdallah)

Sudanese resist tear gas

It was morning in the morning of April when he drank tea before leaving the modest house where he lives with his family in Rumaila south of Khartoum to his workplace.

Al-Moez's office is located in a building that also houses the offices of Qatar's Al-Jazeera and is close to the sit-in in front of the army headquarters in central Khartoum.

"The building was under the control of the very powerful National Security and Intelligence Service," Khaddoum told France Press. Shortly after the arrival of the Muzis, his colleague began to take pictures by telephone from the office window of the security forces monitoring the building. Suddenly a bullet penetrated the window and settled in the heart of the mazes, who was standing next to his colleague. The 45-year-old man died instantly.

The Muiz family paid a heavy price for the Sudan revolt that toppled President Omar al-Bashir in April, which ruled for three decades, like dozens of other families that lost a son, a relative or a brother. Now, the Muize family wants justice.

And demanded that his parents open an official investigation, and that the murderer faces punishment according to the principle of "eye to eye." However, Khadoum believes that the hope of bringing the case to court and the conviction of the security and intelligence apparatus is very small.

The souls of the dead will not be in vain

More than 200 protesters have been killed since the demonstrations began on December 10 to protest rising bread prices, including 100 people who died on the day of a sit-in protesting a civil judgment in front of the army headquarters on June 3, according to the Sudanese doctors' committee close to the protest movement. In recent weeks, rallies have been held in front of the martyrs' houses, whose faces have been painted on walls throughout the capital.

Outside a dilapidated apartment building, two children, Ahmad and Asir, three, are seen waving small Sudanese flags at the side of the road. As security agents pass by, the newborns chant the words "Blood with blood, we do not want compensation," a slogan of protest calling for the prosecution of those responsible for the killings.

Sudan Khartoum Massenproteste der Opposition (AFP / E. Hamid)

Sudanese from all walks of life took part in protests against Bashir and against military rule

Ali, 25, was killed by a bullet in the back on June 3 when armed men in military uniform brutally dispersed the sit-in outside the police headquarters, which began on April 6. Ali participated in this sit-in, in the evening, like thousands of Sudanese, to demand a civil rule after the overthrow of Omar al-Bashir on 11 April 2019.

"My brother has killed a martyr, we are proud of him and I am also ready to die for the revolution," said the 35-year-old Yusuf.

Iman, 24, also lost her brother in the sit-in massacre. Matar, who was studying in Britain, returned to Sudan to visit his family, who had just celebrated his 26th birthday when he decided to spend a night with the protesters.

"They killed him mercilessly," according to Iman, whose tragic brother's fate was met with a massive campaign of solidarity on social networking sites under the "blue for rain".

After Mattar's death, his family left for Egypt, leaving everything behind, but with the promise of a return. "Matar paid his life a price, and now there has to be a change in Sudan, that's what he wanted," Iman said.

In the days that followed, the ruling military junta and protest leaders signed an agreement on the transfer of power. The announcement gave hope to thousands of protesters that democracy could be achieved in Sudan. "Our martyrs did not die in vain," he said.

But Yusuf, who has been involved in protests since the start of the movement, is waiting for nothing from the "ruling military" or the agreement, and confirms that he is ready to continue the demonstration. "The road to a new Sudan is still long, we may not be alive to see democracy come true, but we have to continue to fight for future generations," he says, with his eyes fixed on his sister's two sons waving flags of their country.


Sign up for our free – – – and receive our best articles in your inbox.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Powered by Blogger.